Friday, May 13, 2011

Fields of Green


Today I ended up wandering through the lovely field behind my house (which is quite frowned upon in my neighborhood... since it is no trespassing and all). Living near fields and nice, secluded places is a major advantage at times.  Wandering is something which I love to do; why does one always need a destination? 




As for what I'm wearing, the "blouse" is actually a vintage dress which I haven't had time to shorten.  It is instead tucked into a slip dress, so I can wear a skirt over it.  This vintage dress is actually one of my mom's old ones... which was in a collection of similar dresses which she wore for work and other occasions.  They're quite fabulous!


One thing I love about my mom is that she kept almost all of her old clothing... which gives me the opportunity to go through it as she sorts things to finally donate.  Which also means that 98% of the items will never leave the house, only leaving her closet, and migrating down the hall to mine.  Resourceful indeed!

Blouse: Vintage Dress (Mom's)
Skirt: H&M (local consignment shop)
Shoes: Bandolino (Designer Shoe Warehouse)

currently listening to: Beat Happening- Cast a Shadow

No comments: