Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vintage Fashion Show!

So, the pictures which are in this post are not recent, but I love, love, love some (actually, almost all) of the vintage pieces.

This event was a small fashion show held a few years ago at an absolutely lovely tearoom.  The event was held by a truly awesome vintage shop by the name of Good Buy Girls in Allentown, Pennsylvania.  The hair and makeup for the event was done by Hair by Eskandalo.  The vintage shop which I mentioned has a great selection of vintage, as well as new items.  Definitely worth a visit!


In the past had I done one other fashion show for this same shop when I was in the 7th grade(!), and had my picture in a local newspaper with my sister, who had also done the same fashion show (I'll try to dig out those photos sometime soon...).  This time was equally, if not more fabulous.  I was so glad to have had these opportunities!


The first outfit I wore I absolutely loved... except, I had a major issue with keeping my mink on straight, haha.  I was fussing with it all day!
The picture above shows a group of the girls from the show just waiting around... You see the girl in the light pink dress, with the matching shoes? Well, I bought that dress!  It is one of my favorite items in my closet.  You know, one of those dresses that you absolutely adore, but have nowhere to wear.  I did wear it once to a school dance...  I sure got some strange looks, seeing that most girls go for skin tight, slutty dresses... and I, instead, wore a vintage masterpiece.  Modcloth had a very similar dress on their website in their vintage selection
My second outfit was a night gown, and bathrobe.  Both were so amazing!  The peter pan collar on the night gown was so cute!
I also purchased the color block dress shown above.  I remember walking around to the tables, specifically with this outfit, because I had to tell everyone about my Twiggy inspired look, while wearing a pair of 2 sizes too small vintage Etienne Aigner boots which belong to my mother.  To get the boots off of my feet I had to death grip a chair while one person held the chair in place, and another attempted to pull my boots off... I pretty much got dragged across the room for those shoes! 

Just some lovely vintage clothing!

All clothing: Vintage from Good Buy Girls

1 comment:

Midwest Muse said...

What a great idea! Wow, I see so many great outfits!!